BOLOGNESE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI
(cute alphabet cracker and grapes)
- 100 grams ground beef
- 1 tbspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1 large carrot (chopped as small as possible)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped as small as possible)
- 1 large onion (chopped as small as possible)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped as small as possible)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 small jar of tomato pasta sauce
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Marinade the ground beef with Worcestershire and sugar. Leave it to marinade for 30 minutes (while you chop up the rest of the ingredients)
2. Get to work on your carrot, celery, onion and garlic. And becuase i prefer to let the meat stand out, I chopped them up as small as possible.
3. Heat up pan with olive oil. Sautéed your carrot, celery, onion and garlic on low heat. Once the onions become translucent, add ground beef. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until meat is cooked.
4. Add tomato pasta sauce and bay leaves. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
CHICKEN PASTA SOUP
Ok so it’s not in a bento box….but I’d wanted to take a nice shot before it goes into the Thermos flask so I assure you it is part of my son’s bento lunch box today.
This is a super comforting meal - he’s been slightly under the weather and I didn’t want to aggravate his cough and flu further so, he gets this wholesome yet delicious meal.
He ate it all up with NO FUSS and I’m a happy mom.
Ingredients (to make the chicken stock)
- 2 chicken carcass
- 2 large carrots. Diced.
- 5 stalks celery. Diced. (pluck 5 stalks out of the bunch - not 5 whole - -bunch of celery :p)
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic (bruised)
- 3.5 litre water
(I’m making extra chicken stock for storage, so please reduce the ingredient by half if you would just like to have 2 - 3 servings)
Instructions (to make the chicken stock)
Cleaning the chicken-Bring a pot of water to boil, place chicken carcass in the boiling pot of water and blanch it for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
Bring a FRESH new pot of water to boil (3.5 litre). Add all the ingredients including the chicken carcass into the pot.
Put the lid back on and let it simmer for 2 hours (or 3 if you wish).
Remove all ingredients from the pot, sieve it and pour chicken stock into a jar/bottle.
That is all! So simple! Oh and once it is done, you might want to add a pinch of salt for taste.
Ingredients (to make the chicken pasta soup)
- Your freshly made chicken stock. However much amount of it you like.
- 1 carrot. Diced.
- Pasta of any kind
Instructions (to make the chicken pasta soup)
Bring your chicken stock to a boil. Add in carrots. Once carrots are cooked, remove them and set it aside.
Using the same stock, add in pasta. Cook according to pasta’s packaging instructions.
Once pasta is cooked, add the carrots back into the soup.
You may want to season it with a pinch of pepper and salt.
There you go…healthy and super easy. I would suggest to make the stock in excess and store it in jars (according to how much you would use per serving) and freeze them. When you crave for some simple chicken soup goodness, defrost it and there you’ll have it.